In our Toddler's room, our children are offered a wide variety of activities and curriculum signed to help toddlers reach important developmental miles stones. Toddlers are introduced to sign language as a method to communicate needs. We read books aloud, tell stories, do finger plays, puppet shows, hands-on art, outdoor large motor play and of course music to help children learn routines that help manage their behavior. They learn how to sit down to family style dining, feeding themselves, practice manners and taking turns. At Denver Child Care Academy, we have found that sitting on the floor and engaging with the children is the best way to keep a child both safe and engaged. Every day we offer a daily sheet about what your child learned, ate, a diaper log and how they slept for the day. We utilize a creative curriculum along with pyramid plus strategies to keep our toddlers on track for progressive developmental goals.
Our vision is providing our children with a prepared environment that provides the opportunity for physical, emotional, and intellectual growth. Our aim is to stimulate the child’s development in:
- A more positive self-image
- Expressing himself / herself creatively
- Responsibility and learning to make safe choices
- Sharing and compatibility
All of our play equipment and work material is carefully selected for its value in attaining these goals. Our program is flexible, allowing children a wide choice of activities. A good balance of quiet and active play, both in and outdoors, is encouraged. Children are always around equipment and toys that are safe and practical for their age.
Our philosophy is to give quality care and guidance to young children by supplementing the home environment and providing children with an atmosphere that is rich in meaningful learning experiences during the early, formative years. All children will be treated with respect and at no time will be subject to physically or verbally demeaning punishment. We will provide a creative and warm environment which will include: arts, crafts, music, sensory activities, academics, stories, emotional regulation and manners, indoor/ outdoor play, quiet times, and nap times.
Our excellent curriculum allows our students to learn different forms of communications such as Sign Language, Spanish, and English.
We use guided imagery to make bedtime and Naptime Fun! Through guided imagery, we let the Dream Fairy transport your children on a whimsical journey to gently fall asleep – feeling loved, safe, and protected. Great for naptime at preschool or home! Scientific studies reveal that up to 30 percent of children have trouble with sleep.
• Other research demonstrates how Guided Imagery can help children to relax and settle down for rest and relaxation.
• Piloted program showed that Sleepy Time Dreams increases rest and relaxation during nap time and helps teachers because children fall asleep more easily. We also offer "Stress Buster" for teachers and parents for their own relaxation. By Investing in these restful programs produced by a Certified Guided Imagery Practitioner, our teachers are more relaxed focused and centered. Happy teachers make for happy children.